It’s that time of year when we all set goals and resolutions for the New Year. Here’s a few tips that should help you on your way…
Goal Setting – The Top Ten Mistakes That Rob You of Your Goals – By Jill Koenig
1) Waking up and then trying to figure out what you are going
to do that day based on what you feel like doing. High
performing men and women know days, weeks and sometimes even
months or years in advance.
2) Not having your tasks prioritized. When planning your day
and mapping out your projects, figure out which activities
should be done and in the precise order based upon importance.
3) Doing it all yourself AKA Not using professionals because
you think you can’t afford it. It takes you at least 10 times
longer to learn how to clumsily carry out a task that a
specialist can do in a few minutes.
4) Not having a mentor. A mentor is someone you can emulate.
A mentor is someone you can model who will show you the ropes,
saving you valuable time, energy and money.
5) Not having a Coach. A Coach is different from a mentor, as
a coach can zero in on helping you advance specific Goals and
stay focused on the tasks necessary to achieve them.
6) Spending time on things that are unnecessary. Spending
valuable hours disinfecting your desk, reorganizing your file
cabinets and dusting your keyboard with a Qtip in the middle
of the workday is the ultimate procrastination.
7) Not working on yourself. My mentor taught me to work harder
on myself than I do on my business. I still practice reading
and listening to motivational tapes first thing in the morning
every morning and all throughout the day.
8) Spending large amounts of time and energy with others who do
not work on themselves. Getting around other focused, motivated
people with Goals, dreams of their own will inspire you.
9) Not taking time to celebrate when you reach a Goal. Give
yourself the gift of reveling in your achievement.
Learn to celebrate your victories!
10) Not having a long term vision to empower you. If all you are
doing is racking up a bunch of meaningless tasks, you are merely